Background

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

So it's been awhile.....

Ok, ok, I know... it's been like six months since I last posted. So either my life is incredibly busy and I just don't have the time or it's incredibly boring and I just don't have anything to write about. Hmm.. I'll let you figure out which excuse it is.
Let's see where do I start? The first half of this year has been... comfortable. Not much has changed really, we're settling in to our new home wonderfully and have even started on landscaping the backyard. The first thing to go in: an extended patio and fire pit! It has been so nice to sit by the fire at night with Jason and gaze up at the stars. It's become a comfort spot, we even fell asleep out there the other night.
{Comfortable}
It's nice to be comfortable. To not have a whole lot of worries. To enjoy life at work, at church, and at home. To learn to have an up side in life. To achieve goals. {Comfort}
In the midst of all this comfort I can't help but feel that something is missing... Something that I have a longing for in my heart...Something God has destined and ordained for us.... Something that He's promised to us...{A Child}
Many of you know that I have a condition called PCOS. This makes it very difficult to get pregnant, Jason and I have been trying for almost two years. It's been a rough journey, I've been heart broken and hopeful, desperate and afraid. We've come to the point in our journey where no matter the longing for a child we have made the decision that becoming pregnant and receiving the gift of a child is up to God. So medicines have been put aside. I'm working on becoming healthier physically and spiritually, and we are waiting patiently on our Father. I've come to be okay with this, comfortable even. {Comfortable in waiting.}
But this comfort in waiting still does not satisfy the longing I have for a child. So we are praying. We are seeking God's guidance and wisdom. We are considering foster care. It's something we always knew we would do... someday, after we had our own children. We always think God's plans for us are off in the distance, after our own. Well, I think God's re-arranging our plans. It's scary and exciting but ultimately I know God has a child (or children) picked out for us to care for. Updates are soon to come. We meet with an agency this week to start the first steps!!

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for you guys! I am now and always will be very proud of you, my daughter. You and Jason will be awesome parents....both to your own children when they come and to those God places in your care. I love you!

    ReplyDelete