Background

Friday, June 29, 2012

Hurry Up & Wait

We had court this last Tuesday to find out if Giavanna will be placed with us. The night before I tossed and turned restless and the whole day I felt like I was going to explode. Nervous energy ran through my chest and arms all day long and I'm sure my blood pressure was through the roof! Needless to say I was a little anxious to hear what the judge would rule and what the next few weeks would hold.
Court was... interesting. There was a lot of conversation that I didn't understand, something resembling english but sounding more like french. Gia's mom's trial for severance was set and her father's rights were removed as he has not been to any court dates. The judge ordered that we have a home study done and that was that.
A home study can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months to complete. So from here it's waiting game. We do get to start visiting Gia next week and will gradually visit with her for longer and longer amounts of time so that she has a chance to get used to us and get to know us.
I feel like the weeks to come seem so surreal. I know that God is placing His plan for us at our feet and we need only to obey and follow. It's funny to think about how for the last two years all I've asked for was to become a mother. Funny how God's plans include exactly what we ask for but in His own way. I never imagined that our first child would come to us in this way but I am so grateful and excited to start our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment